|Chicken quarters||4 (skinned)|
|Onions||450 Gram, sliced (1 Pound)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Natural yoghurt||150 Milliliter (5 Fluid Ounce)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch (2.5 cm)|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Desiccated coconut||2 Teaspoon|
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions and fry until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside one quarter of the onions.
2. Place the remaining three quarters of the onion in a food processor or liquidiser together with the yogurt, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamoms, chili powder, chilis, coriander, ginger, salt and coconut and process until smooth.
3. Prick the chicken all over with a fork, place in a large bowl and rub the spice paste all over. Cover with clingflim and leave to marinate for 4 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas mark 4.
5. Transfer the chicken pieces to an ovenproof dish together with the remaining onion and pour any remaining marinade over the top. Bake for 1 hour until tender. Serve hot.