Garlic Chick Peas And Greens
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), crushed|
|Mustard greens||1 Pound, trimmed and coarsely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chickpeas||30 Ounce, drained (2 Cans, 15 Ounces Each)|
1. In a preheated skillet over medium heat in oil, sauté crushed garlic for 2 minutes and then add greens.
2. Turning and wilting greens in garlic oil season with salt and pepper.
3. To the pan add vegetable broth bring to a boil cover pan, reduce heat and simmer greens for 7 or 8 minutes.
4. Uncover the pan, stir in chick peas and combine well with the stewed greens.
5. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.4%
Saturated Fat 0.54 g2.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 586.6 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 9 g18.8%
Vitamin A 159.4% Vitamin C 99.8%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 17.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet