|Chicken pieces||2 Pound (900 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped (225 Gram)|
|Celery stalks||2 , chopped|
|Carrots||2 , cut in strips|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Sour cream/Plain yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas 6
2) In a pan, heat butter and oil. Sauté the vegetables.
3) In greased casserole dish, and the vegetables in it.
4) In a polythene bag, add flour and paprika to it. Put in the chicken pieces and toss to coat well.
5) Heat pan with butter and brown chicken pieces. Keep them on top of vegetables.
6) Add the stock over it, cover casserole and bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
7) Add in sour cream or yogurt. Stir well.
8) Gently reheat but do not boil.
9) Serve hot on a bed of plain boiled rice.