Roast Chicken With Stuffing And Pan Gravy
|Roasting chicken||4 Pound|
|Stuffing mix||6 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Pan drippings||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot water/Bouillon||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Rinse chicken with water and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Prepare stuffing mixture as instructed by manufacturer.
3. Stuff the chicken with stuffing mixture.
4. Tie the legs and tuck them under the wings.
5. In a 7-1/2" x 12" utility dish, place the stuffed chicken with the breast side down.
6. Brush with salad oil.
7. Cook for 10 minutes.
8. Turn the dish and cook for another 10 minutes.
9. Turn the chicken to keep the breast side up and apply the dripping.
10. Cook for 10 more minutes.
11. Turn the dish and cook for the last 10 minutes.
12. For browning, cook for another 6 minutes.
13. Remove the chicken from dish and cover.
14. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
15. In a cup, take ½ cup pan dripping and stir in flour to make a smooth paste.
16. Cook at 350° F for 3 minutes; stir twice.
17. Blend hot water or bouillon to make gravy.
18. Cook on high for another 3-4 minutes to thicken.
19. 20. Serve chicken with pan gravy.
Calories 938 Calories from Fat 601
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.5%
Saturated Fat 21.8 g108.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238.9 mg79.6%
Sodium 662.5 mg27.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4.1%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 56 g111.8%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.3% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet