Spicy Oven Fried Chicken Breasts
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground cumin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice||3 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whole chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned, boned, and split (3 Breasts, 1 Pound Each)|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) Use a small bowl, to combine the bread crumbs, cumin, oregano, salt, black pepper, chili powder, and cayenne.
3) In a shallow dish, spread the mixture.
4) In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and lime juice together.
5) Take each chicken breast first to roll into flour, then dip in the egg mixture, allowing any excess to drip off. Next roll it into the bread crumb mixture, coating completely.
6) Place the breasts inside refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
7) In a large heavy skillet, melt half the butter with half the oil over medium heat.
8) Place the chicken breasts to lightly brown half on both sides. Repeat with the remaining butter and oil.
9) On a baking dish transfer the chicken breasts and place inside oven. Bake the breasts for 20 to 30 minutes, until cooked throughout and crispy on the outside.
10) Garnish with parsley and lime wedges for squeezing to serve.