|Chickens||15 Pound (6 Chickens, 2 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Dry the chickens after washing them, using paper toweling.
2. Use a large meat knife or cleaver to slit each one in half along the breast bone.
3. Flatten chicken by lightly breaking drumstick, hip and wing joints.
4. Heat a barbecue grill.
5. Season the chickens well with salt, pepper and paprika.
6. Coat generously with olive oil
7. Arrange them flat on grill rack, cut side down, and grill for 10 to 15 minutes
8. Turn chicken over using tongs and drizzle with oil again to keep them basted.
9. Cook for 15 minutes until meat is tender and lightly charred.
10. Piece the tip of a knife into the thickest portion of the thigh. The juices must run clear.
11. Arrange the grilled chicken on a platter and serve hot.
12. Accompany with lemon wedges to squeeze over the chicken and serve with a tossed salad or grilled vegetables.