Gingered Chicken Pot Stickers
|Finely shredded cabbage||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Egg white||1 , lightly beaten|
|Citrus soy sauce/Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Green onions with tops||4 , finely chopped|
|Ground chicken breast||1⁄4 Pound, cooked and drained|
|Wonton wrappers||24 (At Room Temperature)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oyster sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Peanut oil||1 Tablespoon|
1. Steam or boil cabbage for 5 minutes
2. Drain and let cool.
3. Press to squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Set aside until required.
4. In a large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and stir to mix well
5. Add cabbage and chicken to the bowl and blend everything thoroughly.
6. Arrange wonton wrappers on a clean work surface
7. In center of each wrapper, spoon1 tablespoon of the prepared filling
8. Bring edges together on top and seal to make dumplings.
9. Arrange wanton dumplings on a large baking sheet
10. Sprinkle them with cornstarch.
11. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
12. In the mean time, prepare sauce in a small bowl by blending remaining ingredients except oil. Set aside.
13. In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat.
14. Arrange cold pot stickers brown the bottoms.
15. Pour sauce over them, cover skillet and simmer for 3 minutes.
16. Remove lid and allow liquid to evaporate and dumplings to be coated with a thick sauce.
17. Arrange pot stickers on a serving platter and serve as appetizers
18. Or serve in individual deep dish plates with chopsticks.
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 241.1 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.1%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 21.5%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet