Sauteed Chicken Breasts With Citrus Butter
|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, boned, skinned, halved, and lightly pounded to 1/4 inch thickness between plastic wrap (2 Breasts, 1 Pound Each)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cold unsalted butter||8 Tablespoon, cut into 16 pieces (1 Stick)|
|Shallots||8 , peeled and finely diced|
|Limes/Lemons||1 1⁄2 , juiced|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Freshly ground white pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Parsley sprigs||4 (For Garnish)|
1. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and black pepper as required.
2. Sauté the chicken breasts against high heat for nearly 1 minute per side.
3. Immediately remove the pieces to a warmed serving dish, cover with aluminum foil, and set them aside.
4. In a medium sauté pan, melt 6 pieces of the butter.
5. Sauté the chopped shallots over medium-high heat until these turn soft, about 2 minutes.
6. Add the juice, stock, and wine in the pan and bring it to boil and allow it to be reduced by half of its initial quantity.
7. Trim down the heat to very low and whisk in the remaining butter, cook one piece of butter at a time, until it turns smooth and foamy.
8. Remove from the heat.
9. Stir in the 1/2 teaspoon salt, white pepper, and chopped parsley in it.
10. Place the chicken breast pieces on individual plates and spoon the sauce on them.
11. garnish the plates with parsley and serve them.
Calories 591 Calories from Fat 308
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.7%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 196.5 mg65.5%
Sodium 519.9 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.6 g2.4%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 55 g109%
Vitamin A 32.1% Vitamin C 22%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 15.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet