|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil / a combination||3 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , shredded|
|Hungarian paprika||2 Tablespoon (Imported, Or More To Taste)|
|Broiler fryer chickens||7 Pound, cut up, backbones removed (2 Chickens, 3 1/2 Pound Each)|
|Ripe tomato||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and chopped (May Be Canned)|
|Defatted chicken broth||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Homemade Or Canned)|
|Mock sour cream/Double-thick yogurt||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. In a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, heat oil.
2. Add the onions and garlic.
3. Saute them until they are softened.
4. Now add the green pepper and paprika and mix them well.
5. Sprinkle salt on the chicken pieces.
Add the pieces to the pot along with the tomato and 1 cup of chicken broth.
6. Stir the mixture and bring to a boil.
7. Cover the pot and reduce the heat.
8. Simmer for about 25 minutes, until the chicken is tender,.
9. Turn the chicken pieces occasionally so that they cook evenly.
10. Correct the seasoning if required.
11. With a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken pieces to a warm serving plate.
12. Now add the remaining 1/4 cup of chicken broth to the pot.
13. Bring the sauce to a boil, scraping up bits from the bottom and sides.
14. Add the "sour cream" or yogurt and more paprika if you want.
15. Stir the sauce until it is smooth.
16. Pour the sauce over the chicken pieces on the serving platter.
17. Serve hot with noodles or rice.