Chicken with Apricot Glaze
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Seasoned flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Apricot jam||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned apricots in juice||16 Ounce, peeled (1 Can)|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut into 1/2 inch squares|
1) Wash and dry the chicken; coat with flour.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil and margarine.
3) Brown each chicken piece.
4) After browning, coat the chicken pieces with apricot jam.
5) In a bowl, combine marjoram, lemon rind, soy sauce and apricot juice.
6) Pour this sauce over chicken.
7) Cover the skillet and simmer until tender, for about 40 minutes, basting occasionally.
8) Add green pepper and cook for 5 minutes more.
9) Meanwhile, pit the apricots.
10) Add them to skillet just before serving and heat through.
11) Serve with rice and a vegetable salad.