1. Rinse the chicken under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel, set aside.
2. In large bowl, place all ingredients except chicken and mix well.
3. Rub each chicken piece well, with the dry mix, rubbing well all over the chicken and also under the skin.
4. On a foil lined baking pan, place a wire rack and arrange chicken over the rack.
5. Allow the chicken to marinate by refrigerating it for about 6 hours.
6. After about 5 hours, preheat the oven to 425°F.
7. Cover the chicken pieces with foil, making a tent on top.
8. Bake the chicken, in oven 425°F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 140°F.
9. Raise the temperature to 500°F and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until the inner temperature reaches 165°F.
10. Remove the chicken and allow to cool completely.
Picnics and holidays call for something special to pamper your loved ones. Look at this fantastic recipe that this video presents in an effortless manner. Katie also shares some great tips for a really perfect scrumptious chicken. See the video to make this cold picnic sweet, salty and spicy chicken.