Chicken cooked with a brick? Yup! If you don’t have a brick, a cast iron skillet, heavy pot, or panini pan will do just fine. Enter the crispiest, moistest chicken you’ve ever had.
Split chicken breasts
1 Medium, juiced
1. In a bowl, place the chicken and coat it with olive oil.
2. Remove the thyme and rosemary for the stem, and rub gently with your hand.
3. Add in the lemon juice, rosemary and thyme, and toss well to coat all the pieces.
4. In a skillet over medium low heat, place chicken breast in single layer.
5. Place something heavy over the chicken like, iron skillet, Panini pan or foil wrapped brick, and allow to cook for 15 to 16 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove the weight, flip the chicken and cook for 15 to 16 minutes or until the thickest part measures 180°F and chicken is golden brown in colour.
7. Serve hot as it is or with desired dip.
Here is a guaranteed way to make a real crispy chicken. Watch this video as Katie shows you how to prepare a crispy, lemony chicken. Look at this unique style to cook this chicken under a brick, a cast iron skillet, heavy pot, or panini pan. See the video and surely give it a try...