|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned, boned, and halved (Use Free Range Chicken, 2 Pieces, 1 Pound Each)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spinach||680 Gram, washed, dried, stemmed, and chopped (2 Bunches)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), freshly grated|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh basil||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Fresh chives||2 Tablespoon, minced|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
2. With a sharp and pointed knife, make an incision in the thickest end of the chicken breast. Do not cut all the way through.
3. Take a sauté pan and heat 1 teaspoon of oil into it.
4. Add spinach, salt, and pepper and sauté the ingredients against a medium flame for nearly 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted.
5. Remove the wilted spinach to a plate to get it cooled against room temperature.
6. Grasp out the water out of spinach and mix cheese in it.
7. Place the chicken breasts on a work surface.
8. Fill the pockets with spinach mix.
9. Roll each of the chicken meat in a plastic warp to make sausage shape.
10. Once the meat pieces take sausage shape, remove the plastic wrap.
11. In a sauté pan, heat the left over oil.
12. Sauté the chicken breasts until the meat color turns golden brown on all sides, cook for t 5 minutes.
13. Transfer to a baking dish and bake for 10 minutes, or until done.
14. Pour off any excess oil from the pan. Deglaze the pan with the cream, cooking over medium-high flame until it is slightly reduced.
15. Lower the heat and add the herbs. Stir and cook for 1 minute more. Add salt and pepper to make taste.
16. Slice the chicken breasts in rounds on the diagonal.
17. Pour sauce on four warmed plates. Place chicken pieces on the sauce
18. Serve the food to enjoy.
Calories 674 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.3%
Saturated Fat 19 g95.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 228.7 mg76.2%
Sodium 492 mg20.5%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 62 g124.9%
Vitamin A 354.8% Vitamin C 94.3%
Calcium 35.3% Iron 37.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet