BBQ Chicken (Love's Wood Pit BBQ)
|Apple cider vinegar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Onion powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Pickling spices||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Set, and heat Weber to 250-280 degree F as shown in the video.
2. Apply canola oil on chicken and season it with salt and pepper.
3. Place chicken breast side away from direct heat. Monitor the heat as instructed in the video.
4. Cover the Weber with lid and allow it to cook for 3 hours. Add more coal if needed to maintain the temperature of the Weber.
5. Meanwhile for sauce, in a saucepan combine lard, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, celery seed, black pepper, paprika, and pickling spices. Stir and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens and gets a glaze consistency.
6. After 2 ½ hours baste chicken with sauce, cover and continue to cook, basting once more after 20 minutes.
7. Remove from grill and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Slice and serve hot!