Gold Coast Chicken Livers
|Chicken livers||1 Pound|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Riesling wine/California sauterne / other white dinner wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Sauté bacon until they become crisp and then drain on paper towels.
2) Remove the drippings but ensure to return back 1/4 cup to skillet.
3) Coat chicken livers with a mixture of salt, pepper and flour.
4) Heat bacon fat and sauté livers in it until lightly browned.
5) Reduce heat and then pour in wine.
6) Steam the mixture, covered for 5 minutes until livers are cooked well.
7) Break bacon into small pieces.
8) Garnish livers with crumbled bacon and parsley and serve hot with crisp toast or hot rice or noodles.
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 61
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.6%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g11.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 393.8 mg131.3%
Sodium 374.7 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 22 g43.3%
Vitamin A 257.5% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet