Chicken Paillard On Baby Greens
|Chicken breast cutlets||8|
|Extra-virgin olive oil||1 Teaspoon (For Drizzling)|
|Fresh thyme sprig||4 , stripped and finely chopped for 2 tablespoons|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped for a handful|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Lemon zest||1 (From 1 Fruit)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Chicken stock/Broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mixed baby salad greens||5 Ounce (1 Sack)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Bowl, Plus Extra For Drizzling)|
|Chicken broth/Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Take a large nonstick skillet and pre-heat over medium-high heat.
2) In a shallow dish, arrange the chicken in it and add olive oil just to coat. This will just be about 1 1/2 tablespoons total.
3) Mix chopped herbs and lemon zest and scatter over the chicken.
4) Add salt and pepper to taste.
5) Apply the herbs and seasonings evenly over the chicken.
6) With a pair of tongs, line the chicken in a single layer to hot skillet.
7) Brown 3 or 4 minutes on each side.
8) Take a warm serving dish and cover the cooked chicken loosely with foil and repeat with remaining cutlets.
9) Heat the pan and melt butter.
10) As the butter melts, stir in flour to the butter and cook for 1 or 2 minutes to make a light roux.
11) Pour in chicken broth. When it thickens to just coat the back of a spoon, remove pan from heat.
12) Put in salad greens along with lemon juice and toss with coarse salt.
13) Add 2 tablespoons olive oil around the bowl and toss again.
14) Serve immediately on individual plates.