Stir Fried Chicken Breasts
|Corn flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Soya bean oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seed oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Canned sliced bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can, 250 Gram)|
|Chinese plum sauce||1⁄2 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Plain flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Water||1⁄4 Pint (150 Milliliter)|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Soya bean oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Spring onion brushes||8 (Fans, For Garnish)|
|Cucumber strips||8 (For Garnish)|
1) In a bowl, sift flour and salt to prepare the pancakes.
2) Slowly beat eggs into the flour mixture until smooth.
3) Pour in water, brandy and sesame oil. Stir well. Keep aside.
4) Take the chicken breasts to skin, bone and slice diagonally into thin slivers.
5) Roll the chicken pieces into corn flour. Keep aside.
6) Use a heavy-based pan to lightly oil.
7) Place over a high heat until hot.
8) Drop in 3 or 4 tablespoons of batter and space the batter well apart. Cook the pancake until golden and bubbly on both sides. Repeat this with remaining batter to prepare the pancakes.
9) In a plate, place greaseproof paper and stack the pancakes on it. Cover with another greaseproof paper. Keep the plate warm over a pan of gently simmering water.
10) In a wok, add oil to heat up.
11) Add the coated chicken in 2 or 3 batches and stir-fry for 3 minutes, pushing the chicken slivers to the side of the pan when cooked.
12) Add the garlic, bamboo shoots and plum sauce.
13) Gently stir in and heat up to make the mixture bubbling.
14) In a warmed serving dish, transfer the chicken.
15) Garnish with the spring onion fans and cucumber strips, and serve with the pancakes.
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 137 mg45.7%
Sodium 500 mg20.8%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 17 g
Protein 30 g60.1%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet