Melt In The Mouth Crispy Chicken
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried tangerine peel||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, finely minced|
|Fresh green ginger||3⁄4 Inch, minced|
|Greens||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh, As Per Choice)|
1) In a bowl mix together marinade ingredients.
2) Dredge the chicken with the mixture.
3) Marinate in refrigerator for at least five hours turning the chicken frequently.
4) Put in tangerine into the breast cavity of the chicken.
5) Steam the chicken slowly for about two hours until flesh is tender.
6) Drain and pat dry with paper towel to remove excess moisture.
7) Take out the tangerine.
8) In a large saucepan heat sufficient corn oil to cover the chicken.
9) Using a wire basket plunge the chicken into the heated oil (180F).
10) Cover saucepan quickly with a lid for a minute to avoid splatter.
11) Remove the lid and cook for two minutes until chicken is crisp and golden brown.
12) Place in a kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
13) Serve on a bed of fresh greens with segments of orange.
14) Squeeze oranges over the chicken flesh if desired.