Chicken With Sour Cherries
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned, boned and pounded to 1/3 inch thick (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely minced|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Fruit Scented, Preferably Sour Cherry Variety)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creme fraiche/Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cherry liqueur/Brandy||1 Tablespoon|
|Pitted sour cherries||16 Ounce (Whole, For Garnish)|
|Italian flat leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Take butter and oil in a large sauté pan and heat the mixture.
2. Sauté the chicken breasts pieces until the meat color runs brown on both sides, it will take around 3 minutes against medium high flame.
3. Remove the chicken pieces for the sauté pan and set aside.
4. Change the flame into a slow one, and add the shallots for cooking into the sauté pan and continue cooking until the shallots become tender.
5. Add vinegar in it and continue cooking with high heat until the quantity of the ingredients reduced to about 2 tablespoons.
6. Add the stock, creme fraiche, and liqueur, and simmer the flame for 1 minute more, with occasional stirring.
7. Again place the chicken pieces and the juice collecting from the plate to the pan and cook about 5 minutes, or until done.
8. arrange the chicken pieces on a palter
9. cover the plates so that the chicken pieces remain soft and warm
10. Turn the heat into a medium low one.
11. Allow the liquid to boil until it is reduced in quality with enhanced consistency.
12. Add the cherries and cook for another 1 minute.
13. Spoon the sauce over each of the servings.
14. garnish the plate with parsley leaves before serve.
Calories 433 Calories from Fat 134
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 148.1 mg49.4%
Sodium 172.9 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 54 g108%
Vitamin A 12.5% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet