Saffron Broiled Chicken Quarters
|Broiling chickens||2 Small, quartered with backs removed|
|Lemon||1 , freshly juiced|
1) Preheat the broiler to the desired temperature.
2) Place the chicken pieces facing skin side down, on a foil-wrapped baking sheet (this makes clean-up easier).
3) Now sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, half the saffron, and half the lemon juice.
4) Broil for about 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy and golden brown in colour.
5) Turn chicken pieces and now add the required salt and pepper and reserved saffron and lemon juice.
6) Continue broiling for another 8 to 10 minutes, adjusting the heat if needed so as to make the skin crispy and golden.
7) Serve it hot or warm.