Saffron Broiled Chicken Quarters
|Broiling chickens||2 Small, quartered with backs removed|
|Lemon||1 , freshly juiced|
1) Preheat the broiler to the desired temperature.
2) Place the chicken pieces facing skin side down, on a foil-wrapped baking sheet (this makes clean-up easier).
3) Now sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, half the saffron, and half the lemon juice.
4) Broil for about 8 to 10 minutes, until crispy and golden brown in colour.
5) Turn chicken pieces and now add the required salt and pepper and reserved saffron and lemon juice.
6) Continue broiling for another 8 to 10 minutes, adjusting the heat if needed so as to make the skin crispy and golden.
7) Serve it hot or warm.
Calories 1617 Calories from Fat 1020
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 113 g173.9%
Saturated Fat 32.3 g161.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 562.5 mg187.5%
Sodium 624.9 mg26%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g2.8%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 140 g279.5%
Vitamin A 21.1% Vitamin C 39%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 38.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet