Grilled Chicken With Honey Fruit Marinade
|Chickens||2 1⁄2 Pound (6 Pieces)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple juice||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Orange juice||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Ketchup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||2 Pinch|
|Ground ginger||2 Pinch|
1. Dry the chickens after washing them, using paper toweling.
2. Use a large meat knife or cleaver to slit each one in half along the breast bone.
3. Flatten chicken by lightly breaking drumstick, hip and wing joints.
4. In a small saucepan, combine ingredients for marinade except the seasonings and spices, and blend well by stirring.
5. Place pan on a medium low flame and simmer sauce for 30 to 40 minutes until reduced and thickened.
6. Add the seasonings and spices according to taste.
7. Arrange the chicken halves in a large roasting pan and pour the marinade over them,
8. Turn the chickens to coat well on other side.
9. Cover pan and leave the chickens to marinate for at least 1 hour or refrigerate overnight for better flavor
10. Heat a barbecue grill.
11. Drain the chickens, reserving marinade.
12. Arrange them flat on grill rack, cut side down or skewer them on a spit if you have a rotisserie grill.
13. Grill for 15 to 20 minutes , brushing with marinade
14. Turn chickens over using tongs and baste and cook for another 15 – 20 minutes until meat is tender and charred.
15. Piece the tip of a knife into the thickest portion of the thigh. The juices must run clear.
16. Arrange the grilled chicken on a platter and serve hot.
17. Accompany by tossed salad or grilled vegetables.
Calories 454 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 6.6 g33.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.3 mg35.4%
Sodium 415.1 mg17.3%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.47 g1.9%
Sugars 24.9 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 7.6% Vitamin C 89.3%
Calcium 3% Iron 9.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet