Spinach And Walnut Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Shallots/Small onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Frozen spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Finely chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low fat cream cheese||1 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Pieces)|
1. Use a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors to trim off all the excess fat from the chicken breasts.
2. Remove the long fillet from each and reserve for another use.
3. With the tip of a sharp knife, make a deep slit from the rounded end in each fillet to make a pocket.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over moderate heat.
6. Add and sauté garlic and shallots for about 5 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.
Take skillet off the heat and stir in the spinach, walnuts, cream cheese, nutmeg and seasonings.
Spoon about 1/4th of this filling into each pocket, packing the filling firmly.
7. Weave long wooden toothpicks or skewers through the edges of the open end of the pocket to secure and fasten each chicken breast.
Place the stuffed chicken breasts on a rack over a roasting pan
8. Coat them lightly with the oil.
9. Roast the chicken for about 15 minutes until tender and cooked through.
10. Just before serving, transfer to a hot broiler and broil for 5 minutes, until nicely browned on top.
11. Slice each breast at a slant and arrange on a serving plate.
12. Spoon the juices over and around and serve with a salad of your choice.