Capellini Salad With Chicken And Dill
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|For poaching liquid|
|Chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use More Quantity If Needed)|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Medium sherry||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and julienned|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 Large, seeded and julienned|
|Cucumber||1 Large, peeled, seeded and sliced into thin rounds|
|Dill sprigs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Scallions||5 , chopped (Green And White Part)|
1. In a large pot of lightly salted boiling water, cook the pasta al dente. Drain, rinse, and set aside to cool.
2. Poach the chicken breasts in the poaching liquid for 10 minutes, or just until the pink color is gone throughout.
3. The breasts will be firm when pressed with the back of a fork. Let cool to room temperature in the liquid, remove and discard the bones and skin, and tear into large pieces.
4. Let cool to room temperature in the liquid, remove and discard the bones and skin, and tear into large pieces.
5. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, lemon juice, sherries, honey, and salt and pepper.
6. Pour on the dressing and toss to combine well.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Calories 581 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.6%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 135.1 mg45%
Sodium 458.1 mg19.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 57 g114%
Vitamin A 29.8% Vitamin C 196.8%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet