Lemon Chicken Paillards
|Whole chicken breasts||3 , boned, skinned, halved and flattened to 1/4 inch thickness between plastic wrap|
|Ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Chardonnay/May use good dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm), finely minced|
|Finely chopped shallots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped fresh rosemary/Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh oregano/1 teaspoon dried oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Arrowroot||1 Teaspoon, mixed with 2 tablespoons cold water|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 275° F.
2. The chicken breast pieces are to be smeared with salt and pepper. Keep the pieces in a shallow dish.
3. Take a small bowl and add lemon zest and juice, wine, garlic, shallots, rosemary, and oregano in the bowl; pour the mixture on the chicken pieces to coat it well.
4. Marinate the pieces and keep them covered, for 2 hours either at room temperature or for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
5. You have to drain the chicken but with proper care for the marinade; pat dry the pieces with paper towel.
6. Take a sauté pan and heat the oil. Put the chicken pieces in it and cook the pieces until it is lightly cooked against high flame for 3 minutes.
7. Remove the chicken pieces into a plate and place it in the warm oven.
8. In the sauté pan add the marinade and cook against high heat for 3 minutes or until the marinade are reduced in its half quantity.
9. Stir in the arrowroot mixture with continuous stirring until the sauce is thickened.
10. Place the chicken pieces in the sauce and heat through.
11. Serve the food with the remaining sauce on the side.
Calories 190 Calories from Fat 55
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.9 mg16.6%
Sodium 127.4 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 21 g41.4%
Vitamin A 5.6% Vitamin C 41.9%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet