|Salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/4 cup for chicken + 1 teaspoon for flour)|
|Chicken pieces||4 Pound, bone-in and skin-on|
|Cold water||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|For deep frying chicken|
|Vegetable oil||3 3⁄4 Liter (as needed)|
1. In a large bowl, place together sugar, 1/4 cup of salt, and 1 quart of cold water, and stir until sugar dissolves.
2, Put in the chicken and stir to coat all the chicken pieces, cover and place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, corn-starch, pepper, baking powder, paprika, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of salt and water to make a smooth batter.
4. Refrigerate the batter until it is ready to fry.
5. In a deep fryer or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F.
6. Remove the chicken from brine and pat dry and divide in 3 batches.
7. Dip the chicken into the batter and fry in hot oil for 12 to 15 minutes or until the thickest part measures 175°F and chicken is golden brown in colour.
8. Drain the chicken on paper towel.
9. Serve hot as it is or with desired dip.
Calories 6063 Calories from Fat 5614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 635 g976.7%
Saturated Fat 83.7 g418.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.6 mg70.5%
Sodium 4282.6 mg178.4%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 67 g134.4%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 23.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet