The best fried chicken ever. No, really. The best, best, best ever. Think I’m kidding? Check out the picture. This is waaaaay better than restaurant chicken. The secret is to brine the chicken.
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/4 cup for chicken + 1 teaspoon for flour)
4 Pound, bone-in and skin-on
1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
For deep frying chicken
3 3⁄4 Liter (as needed)
1. In a large bowl, place together sugar, 1/4 cup of salt, and 1 quart of cold water, and stir until sugar dissolves.
2, Put in the chicken and stir to coat all the chicken pieces, cover and place in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
3. In another bowl, mix together flour, corn-starch, pepper, baking powder, paprika, cayenne, and 1 teaspoon of salt and water to make a smooth batter.
4. Refrigerate the batter until it is ready to fry.
5. In a deep fryer or Dutch oven, heat oil to 350°F.
6. Remove the chicken from brine and pat dry and divide in 3 batches.
7. Dip the chicken into the batter and fry in hot oil for 12 to 15 minutes or until the thickest part measures 175°F and chicken is golden brown in colour.
8. Drain the chicken on paper towel.
9. Serve hot as it is or with desired dip.
Pamper your guests with this gorgeous and crispy fried chicken. These would definitely add an extra special touch to your party menu. The video is worth watching and Katie presents the recipe in such an impressive manner. Great way for a terrific flavorful treat!