Chicken And Rice In Beer
|Broiler fryer chicken||2 1⁄2 Pound, cut up (1 Piece)|
|Onions||2 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Uncooked instant rice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Chopped tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fresh Or Canned)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
1) Preheat oven at 375°F
2) In a large skillet heat oil and brown chicken in it. Keep it aside.
3) Fry onion and garlic in the skillet till golden
4) Add rice, green pepper, tomatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
5) Transfer the mixture into large, shallow baking dish.
6) Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon salt over chicken and put on top of rice mixture.
7) Stir in beer and scrape up the brown bits.
8) Pour the mixture over chicken and vegetables.
9) Add bay leaves.
10) Seal tightly with foil or lid.
11) Bake for 40 to 60 minutes till chicken and rice are done.
12) Serve hot.