Chicken With 40 Garlic Cloves
|Chicken||4 Pound (Oven Ready. 2 Kilogram)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Celery stick||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||40 Clove (200 gm), separated, but not peeled|
|Rosemary||1 (For Garnish)|
|Sage||1 (For Garnish)|
|Thyme||1 (For Garnish)|
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas Mark 4.
2. To prepare the chicken, wash and dry its cavity, stuff with bouquet garni along with some seasoning and truss the chicken with a string.
3. In a large flameproof casserole into which the chicken just fits cook the celery and all the garlic in hot oil over moderate heat.
4. Then add the chicken and cook such that it is lightly colored on all sides covering the casserole with a lid
5. Seal the edge of the casserole with a paste made of flour and water.
6. Place in a preheated oven for 2-2 1/4 hours, with the oven door covered.
7. Then unseal the casserole by breaking the flour and water seal and lift out the chicken.
8. Take a warmed serving platter and place the chicken on it.
9. Before serving spread a few garlic cloves around the chicken and garnish with sprigs of fresh herbs.