Herbed Chicken Rose
|Frying chicken pieces||4 Large|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||3 Tablespoon (Half Butter)|
|Dried rosemary||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|California rose||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Coat chicken with a mixture of flour, garlic salt and paprika.
2) Heat shortening and brown meat on both sides in it.
3) Add in herbs and wine and then cook slowly, covered for about 25 minutes until chicken becomes soft.
4) Mix 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water.
5) From the pan liquid, remove any excess fat and thicken it, if required, with the cornstarch mixture.
6) Mix in sour cream.
7) Serve at once.