|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pineapple chunks||13 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken bouillon cube||1|
|Green pepper||1 Large, cut in 1/2-inch-wide strips|
1. To prepare the chicken wash, pat dry it with paper towels and then coat with flour.
2. In large skillet heat oil, add chicken, a few pieces at a time and brown on all sides.
3. Remove as browned to shallow roasting pan, arranging pieces skin side up.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Preheat oven to 350F.
To Make Sauce:
6. Drain pineapple chunks, pouring syrup into 2-cup measure and add water to make 1-1/4 cups.
7. In medium saucepan, bring to boiling combining sugar, cornstarch, pineapple syrup, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger and bouillon cube stirring constantly.
8. Boil 2 minutes and pour over chicken.
9. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
10. Add pineapple chunks and green pepper and bake 30 minutes longer until chicken is tender.
11. Serve hot with garnish as desired.