Vegetable Terrine with Chicken Mousseline
|Skinned chicken breast fillets||1 Pound, chopped roughly (500 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten lightly|
|Double cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Tabasco sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Young spinach leaves||30 , tough stalks removed|
|French beans||6 Ounce, topped and tailed (175 Gram)|
|Carrots||3 Large, cut into very thin matchstick strips|
|Frozen peas||8 Ounce|
1. For making the mousseline in a food processor puree the chicken first and then again with eggs, cream, Tabasco, salt and pepper as per taste.
2. In a large saucepan with lightly salted boiling water blanch the spinach and cool them quickly running under cold water.
3. Then separate the leaves and let them dry well on a clean towel.
4. Take a 1 kg / 2 lb loaf tin and line the bottom and sides with three-quarters of the spinach leaves.
5. Into the tin spread one-quarter of the mousseline to form a smooth surface.
6. Layer beans closely lengthwise over the mousseline and then again with mousseline arranging carrot sticks lengthwise on the top.
7. Layer more mousseline and peas and top with the remaining mousseline and then with spinach leaves.
8. Using a foil cover the loaf and place it in a roasting tin.
9. Add hot water to the tin such that it covers halfway up the sides and loaf of the tin.
10. Place in the oven and bake for 1 ¼ hours.
11. Take out the loaf tin out of the water and cool the terrine.
12. Serve chill on a platter after refrigerating it for 4 hours.