Grilled Balsamic Chicken Breasts
|Whole chicken breasts||4 Pound, skinned, halved, and flattened to about 3/4 inch thick (4 Pieces, About 1 Pound Each)|
|Shallots||4 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), pressed|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), reduced to 1/2 cup|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), reduced to 1/4 cup (Stock And Wine May Be Reduced Together)|
|Balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shallots||3 , minced|
|Garlic clove||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Chopped fresh thyme/1/2 teaspoon crumbled dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Tomato||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and very finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a shallow glass baking dish, place the chicken breasts. Add the vinegar, shallots, thyme, and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2) Place inside refrigerator, covered with plastic wrap, for at least 2 hours or over-night.
3) Let stand at room temperature for half an hour before grilling.
4) In a saucepan, prepare the vinaigrette, by combining stock and wine with the vinegar, shallots, garlic, and thyme. Bring to a boil. Stir in the tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes to reduce and thicken slightly. Set aside.
5) Prepare a charcoal fire. When the coals are glowing with a layer of white ash, place the chicken breasts on the grill, 6 to 8 inches from the heat. Turning every 5 minutes, cook for 20 minutes, or until done.
6) Reheat the vinaigrette to stir in the parsley.
7) Spoon the vinaigrette over the chicken breasts, just before serving.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 28
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.7%
Saturated Fat 0.81 g4.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 132 mg44%
Sodium 224.3 mg9.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.35 g1.4%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 54 g107.3%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 13.9%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet