Baked Chicken Clementine
|Chicken breasts||6 , filleted|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 , crushed|
|Streaky rashers||6 , unsmoked|
|Finely chopped onion||1|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Small mushrooms||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
1) Pre-heat the oven to 425°F/220°C/Gas 7.
2) In between two sheets of wetted greaseproof paper, keep each chicken breast and gently flatten with a rolling pin.
3) In a bowl, make a savory paste by mixing 2 oz (50 g) butter, mace, garlic, the grated rind of one orange, salt and pepper.
4) Take the other 2 oranges and pare the rind. Cut into inch-long threads and reserve.
5) Using a knife, carefully remove pith from all the oranges and cut between the membranes into segments.
6) Apply the savory paste over chicken breasts.
7) In each chicken cavity, put 4 or 5 segments of orange. Form into a roll.
8) Take the bacon and de-rind it. Stretch with a knife.
9) Roll the bacon rashers round each breast, pin it with a cocktail stick.
10) Chill for at least an hour.
11) Heat frying pan, melt butter and quickly fry chicken breasts until brown.
12) Take a large roasting tin and transfer the chicken breasts to it.
13) Bake in oven for 20 minutes, uncovered.
14) MAKING THE SAUCE: Heat a pan with oil and sauté onion until soft but not brown.
15) Add in flour and tomato puree and stir for a minute.
16) To the pan, pour in stock and wine. Let it come to a boil, and reduce liquid by half.
17) Heat a separate pan and boil water. Blanch the orange threads in it for 1 min. Remove and drain.
17) In a frying pan, melt the butter and sauté mushrooms for 1 to 2 minutes. Add to the sauce, together with the orange threads.
18) When it is the time to serve, line the chicken breasts on plate, take away the cocktail sticks.
19) Pour in the cooking liquors to sauce.
20) Spoon a little sauce over chicken with all the mushrooms and orange threads.
21) Serve hot with the remaining sauce separately.