Chicken Breasts And Broccoli Florets With Tangy Carrot Dressing
|Chicken breast||2 Pound (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|For poaching liquid|
|Broccoli florets/Use mixed broccoli and cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet red pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Thinly sliced carrots||1⁄2 Pound, peeled (Use About 8 In Number)|
|Chopped fresh thyme/1/4 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh basil/1 teaspoon dried basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tarragon vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground white pepper||To Taste (Use As Required)|
1. The chicken breast pieces are to be poached for 10 minutes or these are to be poached till its raw pink color is gone
2. On prepared version the chicken breasts will feel firm when pressed with the back of a fork
3. Let the chicken pieces be cool in the stock.
4. Remove and discard the skin and bones, and shred the chicken into bite-size pieces.
5. Take a large bowl and combine the ingredients like broccoli florets, red pepper, and chicken.
6. Put the pieces to be chilled, keep the pot under cover, until ready to use.
7. Take a saucepan and add carrots, garlic, thyme, basil, and stock.
8. Bring it to boil over medium heat, with occasional stirring .
9. Slow the heat, and simmer, keep it uncovered for 15 minutes, till the carrots get tender.
10. Let cool.
11. Add to a blender with steel blade, add vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper in it; puree until it seems smooth.
12. Pour the dressing over the mixture and get them combined.
13. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving
14. Serve chilled