Sherried Lemon Chicken
|California dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (California Style)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frying chicken||3 Pound, cut up|
1) Cover and marinate chicken pieces with a mixture of Sherry, juice from 1/2 lemon, salt and oil for 2 hours.
2) Cut the other lemon half into thin slices.
3) Scrape off the marinade from chicken, saving it for later use.
4) In a paper bag, put chicken and shake it with seasoned flour.
5) Heat a little more oil and sauté chicken in it until browned on all sides.
6) Drain any excess oil.
7) Pour over saved marinade and lemon slices and then simmer, covered for 20 minutes until the pieces become soft.
8) Serve on a heated platter.