Pistachio Encrusted Chicken with Strawberry Cucumber Salsa
|Chicken breast||2 Large|
|Pistachio||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sweet paprika||2 Teaspoon|
|Strawberries||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Cucumber||1 Cup (16 tbs), peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Mint||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Kosher salt||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Between 2 pieces of parchment paper, place a chicken breast and pound the meat evenly to ¼ inch thickness.
3. Cut the pounded chicken breast into medallions, repeat the pounding process for remaining chicken breast.
4. In a bowl, place the eggs and water and beat well.
5. Using a sharp knife cut the strawberry tops and roughly chop them, set aside.
6. In a bowl, mix together strawberries, cucumber, red onions, jalapeno, mint, olive oil, lime juice, sugar and salt and set aside.
7. In a food processor, put the pistachios, paprika, and salt, and process until fine.
8. In a bowl, place the pistachio mixture and set aside.
9. Dip each chicken medallion in the egg mixture and dredge well in the pistachio mixture to coat well.
10. On a greased baking sheet place the coated chicken medallions and spray with cooking spray on top.
11. Bake the chicken medallions in oven for 12 minutes or until chicken is tender, and crispy.
12. Serve the chicken medallions hot with strawberry cucumber salsa.