Lemon and Herb Marinated Flattened Chicken with Panzanella Salad
|Chicken||2 Pound, flattened|
|Minced garlic||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh thyme||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Fresh oregano||2 Tablespoon, mince|
|Lemon||1 , zested and juiced|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Shallots||2 Tablespoon, dice|
|White balsamic vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grainy mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Chiffonade basil||3 Tablespoon|
|Artisan bread||1 Pound, slice|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Baby arugula||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 , wedged|
|Sweet onion||1⁄2 , julienned|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shave|
|Salt and ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. For the Chicken: Place the chicken in a pan and cover with garlic, thyme, oregano, lemon juice, zest and olive oil.
2. Wrap the pan with saran wrap and place in the refrigerator to cool for 20 to 25 minutes.
3. For the Vinaigrette: In a bowl, whisk together shallots, white balsamic vinegar, grainy mustard, honey and olive oil. Finish with chiffonade basil, salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Brush the Artisan bread slices on both sides with olive oil. Place on the grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until toasted.
5. Once done, cut the bread into thick chunks.
6. In a bowl add together the bread, arugula, tomatoes, onions and 4 tablespoons of vinaigrette. Mix well.
7. Season the salad with parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
8. Remove the chicken and season with salt and pepper.
9. Brush a hot grill with olive oil or non stick spray and place the chicken skin side down and cook for 8 to 10 minutes on each side. Place ice cubes where there seems to be a lot of flames to help control charring.
10. Separate the chicken breasts and legs using a knife
11. Serve the chicken next to the Panzanella salad as main course.