Skillet Chicken And Fennel
|Chicken breast||1⁄4 Pound, boned and skinned|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced fennel||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, divided|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Ounce (Pignolias)|
|Pignolias||1⁄2 Ounce (Pine Nuts)|
|Canned low sodium chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Use Ready To Serve Type)|
|Dry vermouth/White table wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato||1⁄2 Medium, seeded and sliced|
1) Take a sheet of wax paper and add the pepper and flour together.
2) Dredge the chicken in the mixture coating on all sides.
3) Take a nonstick skillet of size 9 inches and heat 1 ½ teaspoons of oil in it.
4) Add the chicken and cook on medium-high flame for a minute, turning it in between, until the chicken turns brown.
5) Remove it to a serving plate.
6) Add the pignolias to the skillet and cook for a minute over low flame, stirring continuously until it is lightly browned. Remove, placing it with the chicken.
7) Heat rest of the oil and add onions and fennel.
8) Cook over medium-high flame for 2 minutes, stirring often until the onions become translucent.
9) Add rest of the flour and stir quickly to mix.
10) Add the vermouth and broth gradually, stirring all the time allowing the mixture to boil.
11) Lower heat and add the pignolias and chicken once more, simmering for 4 minutes until thick with adequate blending of flavors.
12) Add the tomato and cook for a minute more.
13) Garnish chicken with fennel sprigs and serve.