Gourmet Stuffing Chicken Breasts
|Broiler fryer chicken||6 Pound (3 Birds, 2 Pound Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Packaged cornflake crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushroom soup/1 envelope, 2 to a package, mushroom soup mix||1 Can (10 oz)|
|For gourmet stuffing|
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (From 4 Slices)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
1. To prepare chicken begin using a sharp knife or kitchen scissors to cut off legs at thigh joints, then separate drumsticks and thighs.
2. Next, cut through second joints of wings and remove pieces with wing tips, leaving the small "drumsticks" attached to breast. Holding chicken, breast side up, cut through thin sides and ribs to separate back from breast.
3. Finally break the back in half, then set aside with legs, thighs, wing tips, gizzard, and neck for Country Fricassee. Reserve the liver for stuffing.
4. To make the gourmet stuffing, take a small frying pan and add butter or margarine. Heat moderately. Saute of reserved chicken livers in butter or margarine, stirring often until livers lose their pink color. Remove livers and chop them
5. In a medium size bowl, place bread crumbs and add livers
6. In the same pan, saute onion just until soft. Now add water, worcestershire sauce, and salt and toss lightly to mix well.
7. Pour over bread crumbs mixture.
8. To stuff the chicken spoon into breast pockets to fill and press edges together. Fasten with wooden picks.
9. In a large shallow baking pan melt butter or margarine and roll the chicken.
10. Arrange neatly in the same baking pan, sprinkling bread crumbs on top. Bake 350 Degrees Fahrenheit till the roast chicken browns.
11. To prepare mushroom-soup mix, following label directions for gravy or sauce.
12. Place the roasted chicken on a serving dish with mushroom sauce on the side in a boat sauce dish.
13. Serve steamed or sautéed vegetables on the side