The Ultimate Coronation Chicken
|Whole organic chicken||32 Ounce (1.6 Kilogram Or 3 Pound And 8 Ounce)|
|Carrot||1 , roughly sliced|
|Rapeseed oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||4 Teaspoon (Medium One)|
|Tomato puree||2 Teaspoon|
|Soft apricots||6 , quartered (Ready To Eat)|
|Light muscovado sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Fromage frais||250 Gram (Virtually Fat Free)|
|Coriander leaves||20 Gram, chopped (1 Pack)|
|Ripe mango||1 Medium, stoned, peeled and sliced|
|Watercress||100 Gram (1 Bag)|
1. Take a large pan, add chicken, cover with cold water, add 1 chopped onion, tarragon, bay leaves and carrot, cover the pan and allow the mixture to come to boil.
2. Allow to simmer, on low heat, for about 1 hour 45 minutes or till chicken is well cooked.
3. Take off from heat, keep aside and allow to cool.
4. Once cool, separate chicken from stock, skim excess fat from stock and reserve 200 ml stock for preparing sauce.
5. Freeze excess stock for further use.
6. Take a small saucepan, heat oil, tip in finely chopped onion and fry for 5 to 8 min to pale golden and soft.
7. Sprinkle curry powder and stirring, allow to cook for 1 min.
8. Mix in reserved chicken stock followed by tomato puree and allow to simmer, covered, for about 10 min.
9. Meanwhile, take small pan, add apricots, cover with water and allow to simmer for about 15 min. Drain and keep aside 1 tablespoon liquid.
10. Take a small blender, pass apricots through them along with reserved liquid.
11. Using a fine sieve, strain the liquid to get 1 tablespoon puree.
12. Take the curry sauce off from heat, mix in sugar.
13. Pass through a sieve, applying pressure with a wooden spoon.
14. Mix in lime juice followed by apricot puree.
15. Allow to turn cold.
16. Serve cold.