Classic Chicken Stock
|Chicken||3 Pound, skinned (1 In Number)|
|Onion with skin||1 Large, quartered|
|Carrots||2 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Parsnips||4 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Celery stalks with leaves||2 , cut into 2 inch pieces|
|Turnips||4 Small, quartered|
1. Take an 8 quart pot and add chicken, peppercorn, cloves and water.
2. Cover the pot and allow the mixture to come to full boil.
3. Lower the heat and let the mixture simmer for 60 minutes
4. Using a small sieve, remove foam from the mixture’s surface.
5. Mix in onions, parsnips, carrots, turnips, celery and bay leaves.
6. Cook for 90 minutes more.
7. Take off from heat and remove bay leaves.
8. Allow to cool thoroughly.
9. Strain and add salt as required.
10. Take out chicken bones and keep aside for future use.
11. Keep in the refrigerator, covered, till served.
12. Discard congealed fat from top, spoon onto soup bowls and serve.