Shredded Chicken and Vegetables
|Chicken breast||14 Ounce, split, skinned and boned (1 In Number)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Carrots||3 , thinly sliced|
|Zucchini||2 Small, sliced|
|Frozen sliced green beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot cooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Toasted sliced almonds||2 Tablespoon|
1) Thinly shred the chicken breasts.
2) In a large skillet, stir-fry the chicken in heated oil for about 3 minutes until white.
3) Stir in the zucchini, beans, garlic, carrots, water chestnuts, salt, pepper, soy sauce and 3/4 cup water. 4) Simmer covered on a low heat for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are just tender.
5) In a cup, mix the cornstarch, sherry and 1/4 cup water, then stir into the skillet.
6) Stir gently and cook until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
7) Spoon hot rice on a serving platter, spoon over the chicken and vegetables then garnish with the almonds and serve immediately.
Calories 425 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 57.5 mg19.2%
Sodium 1743.2 mg72.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.6%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 29 g59%
Vitamin A 156.3% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 18.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet