Quick and Easy Chicken And Vegetable Stir Fry
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||3⁄4 Pound (2 In Number)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Canola oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Finely chopped fresh ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Sweet peppers||2 , thinly sliced (Red / Green)|
|Carrots||2 , thinly sliced|
|Celery stalks||2 , thinly sliced|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced|
1. Pat the chicken breasts dry using paper towels.
2. Use a pair of kitchen scissors or a meat knife, trim off excess fat.
3. Holding a sharp knife at an angle, slice each chicken breast half into thin strips.
4. In a bowl or cup, blend the cornstarch in cold stock and soy sauce.
5. In a large wok or a deep nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat until the oil almost reaches smoking point.
6. Add the garlic and ginger and stir fry with a wooden spatula or stirrer for 1 to 2 minutes until lightly browned and fragrant.
7. Add the chicken strips and sauté until they are evenly browned.
8. Tip in the red or green peppers, carrots, and celery and stir fry for 2 minutes before adding the mushrooms.
9. Cook, stirring for about 4-5 minutes until chicken and vegetables are almost tender.
10. Reduce the flame and add the corn starch mixture, stirring constantly, bring to a boil and allow it to thicken.
11. Lastly add the pepper according to taste.
12. Dish out the stir fried chicken and vegetables and serve immediately with hot steaming brown rice or noodles.