Chicken With Mandarins
|Roasting chicken||5 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange rind||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Orange segments/Mandarin segments||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For Garnish)|
1) Combine orange juice, orange rind, sugar, and melted butter in a bowl. Keep the juice mixture aside.
2) In a glass baking dish place chicken.
3) Sprinkle chicken cavity with salt and pepper.
4) Truss the chicken with string by tying its legs and wings into position.
5) In a 2-quart glass baking dish, place the chicken facing breast side down on the microwave oven roasting rack.
6) Add the juice mixture all over the chicken.
7) Cook on high heat in the microwave for about 18 minutes.
8) Baste halfway through the cooking process with pan juices to retain the moisture.
9) Change the position by turning in such a way that the chicken breast side is facing up and cook on "Roast" mode for 18 minutes.
10) Preparation of the sauce: Combine flour with 2 tablespoons cold water and stir into pan drippings with the help of a wire whisk.
11) Allow to a boil on highest heat in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
12) Mix well halfway through the cooking time. The sauce is ready.
13) Return the chicken to a hot serving platter and wrap with foil for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
14) Garnish chicken with orange or mandarin segments and serve with rice or oven-fried potatoes.
15) Serve the dipping sauce separately.