Fried Chicken Nanette
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 , finely chopped|
|Button mushrooms||4 , sliced|
|Sweet corn kernels||7 Ounce (1 Tin)|
|Double cream||4 Tablespoon|
1. Trim the excess fat from chicken joints and roll in seasoned flour.
2. In a heavy frying pan, heat oil and add the cleaned joints. Fry on medium flame until brown and keep turning them occasionally.
3. Add onions, mushrooms and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or till the chicken is soft.
4. Remove the chicken from the pan and place in a warm plate.
5. In a pan, heat butter and add the cream and drained corn. Cook but don’t boil.
6. Season properly and add the chicken joints.
7. Serve the dish hot with buttered brown bread or hot rolls.
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.3%
Saturated Fat 15.2 g76%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg20.3%
Sodium 208.8 mg8.7%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g17.8%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 18.8% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet