Chicken A La King
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rich chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Pimientos||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into strips|
|Hot cooked rice/Biscuits / patty shells||2|
1) In a skillet, melt butter and sauté mushrooms in it till browned.
2) Mix in flour and cook the mixture over low heat, stirring continuously.
3) Slowly pour in chicken stock and then allow the sauce to thicken by cooking it over low heat, stirring constantly.
4) Stir in chicken, sherry, salt and cayenne and cook until chicken is hot.
5) Mix a little sauce with egg yolks and return the egg yolk mixture back to the skillet.
6) Stir continuously for 2 to 3 minutes over heat and then mix in pimientos.
7) Serve hot at once with hot cooked rice or biscuits, or in patty shells.
Calories 351 Calories from Fat 127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.1%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 168.1 mg56%
Sodium 682.7 mg28.4%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 0.91 g3.6%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 21 g41.5%
Vitamin A 23.9% Vitamin C 37.3%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet