Crispy Chicken Fondue
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breasts||4 Large, skinned, boned and cut into strips|
|Fine saltine cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) To prepare sauce, mix together catsup, molasses, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ginger, and pepper and then chill in refrigerator.
2) Roll chicken strips in cracker crumbs.
3) Fasten each strip loosely onto bamboo skewer in accordion style and chill in refrigerator.
4) Fill 1/2 capacity or a depth of 2 inches of fondue cooker with oil and bring the oil to a heat range of 400°.
5) Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and then position the cooker on fondue burner.
6) Brown the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes in hot oil.
7) Allow the meat to cool and dip it in sauce.
8) Serve at once.