Crispy Chicken Fondue
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breasts||4 Large, skinned, boned and cut into strips|
|Fine saltine cracker crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) To prepare sauce, mix together catsup, molasses, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt, ginger, and pepper and then chill in refrigerator.
2) Roll chicken strips in cracker crumbs.
3) Fasten each strip loosely onto bamboo skewer in accordion style and chill in refrigerator.
4) Fill 1/2 capacity or a depth of 2 inches of fondue cooker with oil and bring the oil to a heat range of 400°.
5) Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt and then position the cooker on fondue burner.
6) Brown the chicken for 2 to 3 minutes in hot oil.
7) Allow the meat to cool and dip it in sauce.
8) Serve at once.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1297 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 2 g10.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 336.4 mg112.1%
Sodium 2656.1 mg110.7%
Total Carbohydrates 143 g47.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 74.9 g
Protein 148 g295.3%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 65.1%
Calcium 26.3% Iron 72.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet