Mushroom Stuffed Chicken with Lemon Thyme Risotto
|For chicken and stuffing|
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1 Ounce|
|Button mushrooms||150 Gram, finely chopped|
|White wine||175 Milliliter|
|Chicken breasts||4 (Skin On)|
|For lemon thyme risotto|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery sticks||2 , finely chopped|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Risotto rice||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Hot chicken stock||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Thyme sprigs/Lemon thyme sprigs||2 , leaves removed and chopped|
|Lemon||1⁄2 (Use Juice And Zest)|
|Grated parmesan||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Centigrade.
2. Chop the soaked porcini finely and keep aside.
3. In a shallow pan heat the oil.
4. Add the onion and gently cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chopped porcini, button mushrooms and thyme leaves, and salt
5. Increae the heat and cook for another 5 minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
6. Add the wine to the pan, and shake the pan to reduce until it is nearly dry. Add 50 millilitres of the liquid used to soak the porcini, and reduce for two minutes more, or until you have a syrupy sauce.
7. Allow it to cool for a couple of mins, then carefully spoon the mixture between the skin and the flesh of the chicken breasts.
8. On a baking tray, season the chicken and place them, skin-side up.
9. In the pre-heated oven, cook the chicken for 20 minutes, until it is cooked through and golden.
10. To make the risotto, take a sauce pan and heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
11. Add the celery and onion, then cook for 5 minutes until softened.
12. Add the rice, stir, then cook for 1 minute.
13. Slowly add the stock a little at a time, stirring with each addition until it is absorbed by the rice mixture.
14. Continue adding the stock and stirring for about 20 minutes, until the risotto is oozing and thick.
15. Add the thyme, lemon juice, zest and Parmesan and stir them in.
16. On the serving plates, spoon the risotto and sprinkle with the extra Parmesan
17. Top each serving with a chicken breastand add the juices from the chicken pan, then serve hot.
The chicken breast can be stuffed a day ahead and chilled, or frozen for 1 month. You can defrost and cook.
Calories 321 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.5 mg25.5%
Sodium 241.9 mg10.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.9%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 4.5% Vitamin C 16.4%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet