Chilli Chicken with Pine Nuts
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||4|
|Sunflower oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Red pepper||1 , deseeded and cut into thin strips|
|Green pepper||1 , deseeded and cut into thin strips|
|Fresh red chilies||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Fresh green chili||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Pine nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Dry white wine||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Oyster sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Caster sugar||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Light soy sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||2 , sliced diagonally (For Garnish)|
1. Make 1 x 5 cm / 1/2 x 2 inch strips out of the chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. In a wok or large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil and cook the chicken strips stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or such that tender.
3. Remove the chicken and keep aside.
4. In the wok or frying pan heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the red and green pepper strips for 2 minutes, such that just cooked.
5. Remove and keep aside.
6. To the pan add the chilies, pine nuts and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute.
7. Drain and discard excess fat if any and add the white wine, lemon juice, oyster sauce, caster sugar and chili sauce.
8. Let it cook with frequent stirring for about 1 minute.
9. In a cup or a bowl blend the soy sauce and cornflour together, add to the chilli mixture and bring to the boil.
10. To the wok or frying pan return the cooked chicken and pepper strips and cook with cover over medium heat such that the chicken has warmed through.
11. Serve soon with a sprinkle of sliced spring onions.