Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Dried porcini mushrooms||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Olive oil/Canola oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shallots/Small onions||2 , finely chopped|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, finely chopped|
|Dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Finely grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound (4 Pieces)|
1. In a bowl, soak the porcini mushrooms, if using, in hot water for10 minutes
2. Drain the mushrooms and finely chop them.
3. Use a sharp meat knife or kitchen scissors to trim off all the excess fat from the chicken breasts.
4. Remove the long fillet from each and reserve for another use.
5. With the tip of a sharp knife, make a deep slit from the rounded end in each fillet to make a pocket. Keep aside
6. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
7. In a skillet heat 1 tablespoon of oil over moderate heat.
8. Add the shallots and sauté them until soft and pale
Tip in porcini and fresh mushrooms and sauté for about 10 minutes, until tender.
9. Add thyme and continue sautéing until all the moisture evaporates.
10. Take pan off the heat and stir in Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
11. Spoon 1/4th the mixture into each chicken breast pocket and pack tightly so that it does not spill out.
12. Weave long wooden toothpicks or skewers through the edges of the open end of the pocket to secure and fasten each chicken breast.
13. Arrange the stuffed chicken breasts on a roasting rack over a roasting pan
14. Baste them with oil.
15. Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes, until tender and juices run clear.
16. Just before serving, transfer under a hot broiler for about 5 minutes; basting the chicken breasts with oil.
17. Slice each breast at a slant and serve with or without a sauce.
Calories 305 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.1%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102 mg34%
Sodium 237.3 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 45 g89.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 9.3%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet