Chicken Saute Sec
|Chickens||5 Pound, disjointed (2 Whole, 2 1/2 Pounds Each)|
|Green onions||4 Small, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely minced with 1 generous pinch rosemary and 1 lb. sliced mushrooms|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Sauterne||4 Ounce (Good Quality)|
|Chicken broth/Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Pint|
1) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and fry it till it is golden brown in color.
2) From the pan, drain the oil and add the butter, garlic, chopped onion and rosemary.
3) Saute the ingredients for 3 minutes. Keep tossing to avoid any scorching.
4) Add the broth and wine and cook till the liquid has reduced to 1/3rd its original volume.
5) Add the chopped parsley and mushrooms.
6) Cook till the vegetables are dry and the mushrooms are well-cooked.
7) Add salt and pepper to taste.
8) Serve hot.
Calories 1251 Calories from Fat 935
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 105 g161%
Saturated Fat 26.8 g134.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.8 mg101.3%
Sodium 369.5 mg15.4%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 71 g141.8%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 22.6%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 21.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet